Thursday, May 13, 2010

it comes down to who's cuter

I have today and tomorrow off, and in addition to this being my weekend, it's also the first time Steve and I have had days off together since we got back here. I'm guessing Steve would rather have been fishing, but he was a good sport and spent the day hanging out with me. Even though that meant a 6-mile trail run along the Yellowstone...

We had a couple of hours to kill this afternoon before I met friends for a hike, so we decided to take a drive out towards the Lamar Valley. We made it as far as the Yellowstone River bridge, where we came upon a pretty big bear jam. We parked the car, and from the bridge we could see a black bear with two yearling cubs.


They spent most of the time sleeping under a tree, but one of the cubs decided to head down to the river for some water,



before he climbed back up to lie down next to his mama.



On the other side of the bridge was a herd of bighorn rams,


but it's hard to compete with cubs, and deep down, I think even they know that.

1 comment:

  1. oh-mi-gawd...so cute!
    & i love the new look of the blog. no more "four months"...he, he.

    ReplyDelete